Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Sunflowers in December

It is Garden Blogger's Bloom Day again! On the 15th of each month, we gardeners with blogs share a few bloom photos from our gardens.

Here on the Mid-Atlantic USA (USDA zone 7) on the DC-MD border, the fairly mild fall weather has continued into December. No real snow yet, but my pond has had ice forming in it on a few mornings.

Blooming in my garden today are: Mahonia, Alyssum, African Daisy, Petunia, Violas, Roses, Geraniums, and Bacopa. 

Amazingly, the miniature Sunflowers are still hanging in there and sending out new blooms! I almost yanked the plants as they are a bit in the way of my back driveway entrance, but as long as they keep flowering I will leave them be.

I am also seeing foliage emerging from the ground on the early Daffodils and other minor bulbs, which is right on time since many of those will be flowering in February-March.


What is blooming in your garden today?

3 comments:

  1. A sunflower! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sunflower still blooming in December! It has been an unusually mild December here as well and the garden and I don’t mind a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I wouldn't mind a low of 50 everyday this winter.

      Delete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...