Thursday, September 03, 2020

Meet the Fall 2020 Interns

This autumn, I have taken on two editorial interns. Look for their author bylines in our upcoming Washington Gardener Magazine issues and on this blog. As a first assignment, I asked them to write a short introduction to our readers...



Hi! My name is Lindsay Garbacik and I am from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. I am a junior journalism major, with a minor in art history, at the University of Maryland. I am so excited to be interning at Washington Gardener Magazine this fall semester! I love magazines and am currently the editor-in-chief of UMD's lifestyle magazine, The Campus Trainer. I enjoy writing long form articles and interviewing subjects. While I have not covered gardening before, I have helped my parents' with their expansive vegetable and herb gardens every summer for as long as I can remember. From growing up with baskets upon baskets of everything from snow peas to zucchinis to blueberries, to helping my mom bake the best zucchini bread every summer, gardening has a place in my heart. I'm looking forward to gaining magazine experience while refreshing my green thumb this semester!





Hello! I’m Nicole Noechel, and I’m a senior multiplatform journalism major and history minor at the University of Maryland. I have always had a passion for writing, but realized I wanted to pursue journalism as a career when I began working for my high school newspaper, The Explorer. On campus, I work for Unwind Magazine and The Diamondback’s arts and entertainment sections, covering events such as campus gallery openings, movie screenings and local concerts. I’m excited to work with Washington Gardener this fall to sharpen my videography and magazine writing skills, because I’d love to work for a magazine when I graduate in the spring. While I don’t know much about gardening yet (I’ve lived in apartments for the past four years, and most of my houseplants died), I’m excited to learn the tricks of the trade and cultivate my own lettuce crop!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...