Friday, October 05, 2018

Fenton Friday: What's the Story, Morning Glory?

This Morning Glory vine has threatened to take over the back half of my community garden plot for the last few years. I don't remember planting any Morning Glory seeds, but maybe I did. No matter. It is here to stay. Occasionally, I yank out a stray tendril here and there and beat it back a bit, but mostly I let it drape and wind its way through by the end of the growing season. Those flowers practically glow in the morning light and I cannot bring myself to ever totally eradicate it.

Do you have a garden interloper that you should remove, but don't?

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 7th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...