Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Winter Weary Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day

It is Garden Blogger's Bloom Day again! On the 15th of each month, we gardeners with blogs share a few bloom photos from our gardens. Here is the Mid-Atlantic USA (USDA zone 7) on the DC-MD border, we had had a very harsh winter -- below-freezing temps starting in November and rarely a break. In years past, I was able to get my summer annuals to last up to Christmas - - not this year. On top ofthat, we ust had 12+ inches of snow and ice dumped on us so I cannot show you any Hellebore, Snowdrops, or early Daffs as they are totally hidden from view. Instead for this month's GBBD, I will share the indoor blooms that are sustaining me though til Spring arrives.

forced hyacinth bulb
basket of purple primrose (bought for $1.50 from Safeway and in bloom for 5+ weeks now)
forced Forsythia branches
forced Quince branches - cut from a neighbor's garden
Cyclamen (bought for $1 in Giant supermarket clearance bin -- blooming for 2+ months now)

Plectranthus (with bonus cat hair - the cats like this window spot for bird watching)

2 comments:

  1. Well you at least have some indoor blooms! Come visit my garden for some outdoor color

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nicole. Will be over to check out your outdoor color.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...