Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Spring 2011 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine explores Cutting-edge Garden Design
To subscribe today and start with this issue, see this page link.
The cover story is on Cutting-edge Garden Design. We explore what garden trend are on the horizon and what factors are impacting those changes.
The cover photo is the Grand Prize winner of our annual Garden Photo contest. Inside, you’ll find the other 16 winners and information on the photographers. From beginning amateur to accomplished professional, all levels were represented in this fine grouping.
You’ll also find in this issue:
• A DayTrip to Dumbarton Oaks in Washington, DC
• Bleeding Hearts
• Final Frost Dates and Just WHEN to Plant in Our Area
• 10 Top Tips for Growing Great Onions
• Native Cutleaf Toothwort
• DC Design House Before-and-After
• Battling Asparagus Pests
• Weeding Out Field Pennycress
• Spring Bulb Care Tips
• A Profile of the local Landscape Designers Group
• Best Cutting Garden Flowers for Our Region
• An Interview with Red Wiggler Farm’s Woody Woodruff
and much, much more...
To subscribe, go to www.washingtongardener.com/index_files/subscribe.htm and use our PayPal credit card link.
Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...
I have been meaning to start this blog for months now - finally doing it at the expense of several other tasks - but, hey, I get to have th...
July 2021 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine –Lilies, Green Beans, Tomato Hornworm, and much moreThe July 2021 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine is out. Inside this issue: · Fragrant Lilies for the Summer Garden · ...