Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Tattered Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day

It is Feb 15 2011 - Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - Zone 7 MD/DC.

A very ugly January has left my garden beaten down and in tatters. Everything has a crust of salt and dust. A heavy ice-snow flattened most of my shrubs and grasses. It is wind-blown and weary. Still this hellebore managed to show some life and signs of spring's coming awakening are all around me. Bulb foliage popping up, leaf tips greening up, flower buds swelling.

What is blooming in your garden today?

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:24 PM

    Snowdrops & hamamellis "Diane"
    Cape St. Claire (near Annapolis, MD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:48 PM

    Very. Little. Wait, I may need to rephrase. Nothing. :) But that'll all change in a month or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My witchhazel is blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to see your hellebore in VA. Here in snowy Pennsylvania, the temperature shot up yesterday, and I found a lot of flowers to photograph for GBBD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here in the north we have nothing blooming. Just counting the days.

    Cher
    Goldenray Yorkies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for stopping by and sharing your blooms. Don't you just love witch hazel? My own got clobbered in the ice-snow and snapped atthe base :-(, but gives me an excuse to shop for a new one at the spring lant sales.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful hellebore. I'm sorry your garden has been struggling, I hope things are looking better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...