Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A Day in Photos

Happy Independence Day! ( Do NOT say "Happy 4th of July" around me - grrr!)






Thought I'd give you a few photos to stare at that chronicle my adventures so far today...


First, I attended the Takoma Park Independence Day holiday parade. I met up with Ed Bruske, Susan Harris, and Judy Tiger (formerly of GROW).
This gentleman gives you a little of the flavor of the parade participation. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Downtown Takoma Park is only a 15-minute walk from my house and is often called "Berkeley of the East."






Towards the end of the parade I hot-footed it over to the protest in support of our First Amendment Rights. Along the way I paused to snap this picture of a young robin. Even though he would not turn around for his close-up, I think you can still see his cool Mohawk and baby feather fluffs. Too cute.






At the peaceful protest, I spotted this lady with a marvelous sign. I think it says it all. I was sign-less myself, but I had my camera and a patriotic-themed outfit on. You'll see lots of reports on this event in the local media over the next day or so, so I'll leave my summary at that.
Then I headed home for some gardening. Here is my first "crop" of 'Sun Gold' cherry tomatoes. Impressive, no?
Okay, it is pretty paltry, though probably more than I'll eat in a week. I grow them more for the experience than the actual consumption. Wow, I just re-read that last sentence -- makes me sound like a spoiled rotten rich American. Growing edibles just as a hobby! Well, I'll join the rest of my spoiled rotten fellow citizens for the rest of the day in taking it easy and maybe checking out the local fireworks display.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:18 PM

    Ok, now you're just trying to kill me. Look at those perky little tomatoes. There's no way they'd have made it back to the house if I had picked them. Poor, poor tomatoes.

    jb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession time: Not only did I NOT eat those 3 lovely tomatoes, but I left them by the kitchen sink and they rotted so no one got to enjoy them - not even the squirrels or birds. I'm self-inflicting 1,000 lashes as I type this. Next time, I'll box them up and Fed Ex to you in TX.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...