Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Berry Fun Day

As you see evidenced by the containers shown here, my nieces were quite hard at work picking blackberries today. (About as hardworking as I was ;-) We beat most of the rain and were able to visit two local farms on this weekend's Montgomery County Harvest Tour. Our activities included pick-your-own berries and flowers, visiting a beekeeper demonstration, petting rescued farm animals, and learning how wool becomes yarn. We also squeezed in a picnic lunch. Now we are blessed by a nice steady downpour. I hope it keeps up overnight at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...