Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Side Projects

In addition to the magazine, enewsletter, web site, and this blog. I've been working on several side projects to gain attention to the magazine. One of them is writing a garden column for the Washington Examiner newspaper. It comes out every-other-Saturday and I've actually found it to be a fun, creative outlet. Because the deadline is more frequent than the magazine and it goes to a more general audience, I get to write about topics that are more off-the-cuff. I have been given a lot of latitude in picking my subject material. The Examiner is a fairly new free daily paper for the DC area and they are still feeling their way into things as well, so it will be interesting to see how they grow and progress. Here is a link to the latest article I did for them: http://dcexaminer.com/articles/2005/09/30/features/gardening/99gardening02donate.txt
My next one will be this Saturday and you can view it on the 15th at www.dcexaminer.com.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff, Kathy. And please keep linking to your articles because that's the only way I'll get to read them. Susan

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...