As the holiday season is upon us, I find my email inbox filling up with requests from product companies and PR companies urging me to share their wares with you all. Yet, I cannot in good conscience, promote anything that I have not used and tested myself.
This year, I was honored to be asked to be a judge of the Direct Gardening Association's Green Thumb Awards for the best new garden products and plants. The first seven gifts on this list that I am recommending come from these product evaluations that I did and I can highly endorse these as I tested them in my own home garden. The winning Green Thumb products were selected based on their uniqueness, technological innovation, ability to solve a gardening problem or provide a gardening opportunity, and potential appeal to gardeners.
The last few gift recommendations are for tried-and-true products that I have used over many years and that I have come to trust and cherish. These are the ones I buy for fellow gardeners and that I am loathe to let anyone borrow lest they not be speedily returned.
What garden tools do you love? Feel free to share in the comments section below.
1. Kitchen Garden Kit - Grow Microgreens & Baby Greens - Botanical Interests
2. Plant A Bar, 28217; x 48217;
3. Happy Leaf LED V2 Grow Light
4. Purple Pillar Hibiscus - 4" pot - Rose of Sharon
5. Proven Winners Invincibelle Ruby Smooth Hydrangea (Arborescens) Live Shrub, Pink and Red Flowers, 1 gallon
6. Hazzard's Seeds Calendula Snow Princess 250 seeds
7. Fingerling Potato Molly Black - 10 certified ORGANIC Purple Heirloom Potato Seeds
8. CobraHead Weeder and Cultivator
9. O'Keeffe's Working Hands Hand Cream, 3.4 oz., Jar
10. Alaska Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1 Concentrate 1 Quart
and one bonus stocking-stuffer pick:
Corona AG4930SS Long Straight Snip, Stainless Steel