Washington Gardener Magazine has partnered again with Cheval Force Opp’s Garden Tours company to take local DC-MD-VA gardeners up to the Philadelphia Flower Show on Wednesday, March 9, 2011. What sets this tour apart from all the others? 8 Great Reasons!
1. We feed you! That's right, lunch is included on the way up as well as a hearty snack on the way back in case you were too busy flower-gazing at the show to stop and eat before the return trip.
2. We entertain you! We'll have garden-related DVDs to view, flower trivia contests, prizes for bests (dressed, on time, etc.), and just plain silly games for your day off work.
3. We'll hold a lively show preview talk! Cheval and I will be at the show on Saturday for the press preview and get a behind-the-scenes tour with the show management. We'll pass on any tidbits we learn to you.
4. We are going up later and arriving later then all the other crack-of-dawn folks! That means you'll hit the exhibit hall when it is at its least crowded and have some time to sleep in on the morning of your day off.
5. We take care of the details! Cheval will be your acting "den mother" for the day and you can just concern yourself with all the great things you will see. You can leave the driving, directions, and parking hassles to our coach transport. We also provide you with a packet of show information so you can arrive ready to hit the Flower Show running.
6. We leave from a convenient location! Downtown Silver Spring's Starbucks on Ellsworth Drive is our start and stop point so you can take the metro, train, or metrobus to Silver Spring metro or have a friend drop you off or drive yourself and park in the many downtown parking garages surrounding Ellsworth Drive for the day. Many who live in the area can just walk or bike on down.
7. We let you pick your seat-mate! Yes, no worry of being stuck with some weird-o on the Greyhound or of getting separated from your friend. If you are traveling with someone and want to sit together, just let us know and we'll place you together in our handy seating chart.
8. We set a great price! Whether you go by train or drive yourself - by the time you add up all the costs (gas, toll, parking, meals, etc.) and the price of the show ticket, you'll see we are a terrific bargain. Not only that, but we are giving Washington Gardener subscribers $5 off our fee. And yes, you can sign up for the trip and subscribe to the magazine at the same time to get the discount.
Complete registration information and form can be downloaded here. (It is also printed on the inside-front-cover of the Washington Gardener Winter 2010-11 issue.) Register soon as we are over half-full at this point and expect a sell-out. Potentially, we can add a second bus, but we'd need to do that in the next week or so.