Friday, August 23, 2024

Fenton Friday: Ribbons and more

Last Sunday, I picked up our ribbons from the Montgomery County Fair. We won 10 total and had submitted 23 entries.

We won: no 1sts, one 2nd place, and several 3rd, 4th, and 5th places. Among our winning entries was our Lemon Basil, Potatoes, Cosmos, Coleus, and variegated petunias.

The weather has cooled off this week, but alas, we were missed entirely by the last storm front that came through the region and are drying out again -- with no rain in the foreseeable future. So I'm back to hand-watering everything again.

The cool weather has benefitted many of the plot's plants. This week I picked cucumbers, eggplant, tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, basil, and flowers. The heat will be back next week, but this break was much needed and the plants (and I!) are grateful. 

What are you growing in your edible garden this week?

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 13th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above (at the top, left on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...