Thursday, January 25, 2024

Intern Intro: Cassie and Hannah

This winter/spring, I have taken on two editorial interns. Look for their work in our upcoming Washington Gardener Magazine issues, on the GardenDC Podcast, at our YouTube channel, and on this blog. As a first assignment, I asked them to write a short introduction to our readers...

My name is Cassie Peo and I am a senior at the University of Maryland in the Philip Merrill College of Journalism. I’m a multi-platform journalism major with a minor in history. I've been writing all my life and have worked with the on-campus publication The Campus Trainer at UMD. I have also worked with the Howard Center for Investigative Journalism through the College of Journalism. I am excited to be working with the Washington Gardener this spring and to learn more about both gardening and magazine publishing. In my free time, I enjoy reading, drawing, and painting, as well as spending time outdoors and running. My mom keeps a garden during the summer in New Jersey and I love to help her outside when I am home. I am excited to be able to contribute to the Washington Gardener and I hope that after working here, I will have the confidence to expand my garden and experiment with growing new plants.
Hello everyone! 

My name is Hannah Zozobrado, I am one of the spring 2024 Washington Gardener interns. I’m from Silver Spring, MD, and am currently a senior journalism student at the University of Maryland, College Park. In the past few years, I’ve pursued journalism through different publications and organizations on campus, such as The Diamondback as a video reporter, The Campus Trainer as a Music & Arts section editor, and Monumental Magazine as a staff writer. I’m looking forward to working with Washington Gardener and applying my learned journalistic skills to this internship while exploring such new content—all I really know of gardening is whatever my mother has taught me, planting trees and flowers in our backyard. While I don’t usually garden in my free time, I enjoy going outdoors and, like a plant, basking in the sun when the weather is just right. I also love spending time with my family and friends, as well as partaking in artistic pastimes like sewing and scrapbooking; I particularly love to document fond memories with my Polaroid, digital, and film camera. As this is my last semester as a college student, I hope to keep record of all the fun in the coming months, and I can’t wait to see how Washington Gardener blends into the mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...