Friday, March 31, 2023

Fenton Friday: Potatoes Planted


This week we weeded a bit and woodchipped part of our pathway in/around the plot.

The Lettuce, Arugula, Swiss Chard, and Carrot seedlings are up. Only a few of the Peas are showing up so far.

We planted two types of Radish - 'Easter Egg' and 'Daikon' -- the former of which is from a VERY old seed pack, so we'll see if anything results from those. We planted the seeds extra thickly, to compensate for that.

I purchased some 'Yukon Gold' seed potatoes from Homestead Gardens and dug a trench and planted them. I normally plant small potato varietiess like 'Butterball', so I'm eager to see how these big ones do for us.

What are you growing in your edible garden this season?

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 12th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above (at the top, left on this blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...