Friday, August 20, 2021

Fenton Friday: Award-Winning Garden






At the Montgomery County Fair, our entries received 17 ribbons. I've shared a few in the photos here. We collected awards for our 'Shishito' and sweet peppers, 'Sungold' tomatoes, and Garlic. In the flower categories, we won for our Roses, Zinnia, Celosia, Gomphrena, and Coleus.

This week, we've had a lot of rain including 4 inches in one storm this morning. I've been picking more beans, tomatoes, and cucumbers. I'm hoping for more zucchini soon as I have a recipe I want to try out. 

What is growing in your kitchen garden?

About Fenton Friday: Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house in zone 7 Mid-Atlantic MD/DC border. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 8th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.) See past posts about our edible garden by putting "Fenton" into the Search box above.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...