Saturday, August 15, 2020

A Smoking Hottie for Garden Blogger's Bloom Day

Here in the Mid-Atlantic USA (USDA zone 7) on the DC-MD border, the past month has been hot -- record-heat hot! Blessedly, this last week brought a break in the heat wave and the nights are cooling off. We are continuing our wet pattern from spring and early summer and I am NOT complaining as this is normally the time of year for drought for us and I hand-water most of my garden.




Pictured here is what I THINK is Nicotiana alata Lime Green. I threw a nicotiana seed mix into a large terra cotta container last year and nothing came of them. This summer, I noticed some foliage growing that looked like it might be it and sure enough, this week this wonderful little planted jumped into bloom.


Elsewhere in my garden, I have blooming:
- Canna
- Cleome
- Calamintha
- Allium
- Nicotiana (tall, white)
- Blue Lobelia (alba)
- Obedient Plant
- Goldenrod
- Black-eyed Susan
- Cup Plant
- Coneflower (various)
- Butterfly Bush
- Rose of Sharon (double, sterile)
- Hydrangea (various)
- Hosta
- Blue Mist Shrub
- Sedum 'Autumn Joy'
- Torenia
- Petunia
- Fuchsia
- Bacopa
- Impatiens
- Begonia
- Alyssum

and more...

What is blooming in your garden today?


It is the 15th of the month, which means Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day again. To view links to other garden bloggers' blooms around the world to see what it blooming in their gardens today and to read their collective comments, go to:
https://www.maydreamsgardens.com/2020/08/garden-bloggers-bloom-day-august-2020.html

2 comments:

  1. Incredible Nicotiana bloom.It would be my pleasure if you join my link up party related to Gardening here. http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2020/08/garden-affair-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Arun. I'll stop by to visit.

      Delete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...