Monday, June 05, 2017

Intern Intros: Ana and Mika

This summer, I have taken on two editorial interns. If you attend any of our events, like the DC Plant Swap, you are bound to run into one or more of them. As a first assignment, I asked them to write a short introduction to our readers...



Hi all! My name is Mika Park and I'm very excited to spend the summer interning for Washington Gardener. I was born in Holland and was raised in Brooklyn, NY, and currently live in College Park where I go to school at the University of Maryland.
   I am a multiplatform journalism major, and although I haven't had any personal experience with gardening, I look forward to engaging in it in my time with the magazine. What has drawn me to journalism was its power to unite communities and provide a platform for information tailored to the needs of its audience, and the horticulture community is one that I can't wait to learn more about.



My name is Ana Hurler and I am a senior multi-platform journalism major and Spanish minor at the University of Maryland, College Park. On campus, I serve as the editor-in-chief of the yearbook, The Terrapin, and write for Stories Beneath the Shell, a student-run publication. I love to travel, especially if it involves nature and the outdoors and food. I like to think I have a little bit of gardening experience, which largely consists of keeping several houseplants alive in my apartment.  I’m looking forward to expanding my abilities and learning how to grow more plants – particularly things I can eat! As a native of Memphis, Tennessee, I’m excited to learn more about the local gardening scene – and hopefully pick up some useful tips – during my time with Washington Gardener this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...