The intern's carrot, arugula, and lettuce seedlings are up and will need to be thinned soon. Their radishes are a bust as are the kale, leading me to think they were both batches of bum seeds.
I am ready to rip everything else out -- as soon as I work up the energy to do so. It is that time of year when everything is breaking off and falling over. The okra, sunflowers, and tomatoes are falling into the pathways or onto other plants and being straight up pains-in-the-ass.
Broccoli seedlings and garlic plus onions await their turns to go into those soon-to-be-open spaces.
How is your edible garden growing?
About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden
just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20
ft space and this is our 5th year in the garden. (It opened in May
2011.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ~ Top Gardening Gifts ~ 21+ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas
The holiday season is here and I bet you have a gardener on your gift list, so we've updated our annual Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ...
Most Popular Posts
-
Angel’s Trumpet ( Brugmansia ) Plant Profile Angel’s Trumpet ( Brugmansia spp . ) is a perennial plant from South America with large, tru...
-
The September 2026 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine is out. It is posted and archived online at: https://issuu.com/washingtonga...
-
Fenton plot pic showing newly planted rows of greens and herbs by Jennifer Baxter. This week, the weather was typical of early September in ...
No comments:
Post a Comment