Friday, May 13, 2016
Fenton Friday: White Radishes Ready
Yet another very wet week has kept me out of the community garden plot. I did get a few minutes to run over though and pull out the 'White Icicle' Radish that the spring interns planted. They are good-sized and tasty. I will definitely plan on growing them again, along with the tried-and-true 'Cherry Belle' and 'French Breakfast' varieties. I'd like to try the 'Mardi Gras' kind next, as they look so festive and colorful. Are there any other radish varieties that you recommend?
BTW How is your garden growing this week?
About Fenton Friday:
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 5th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ~ Top Gardening Gifts ~ 21+ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas
The holiday season is here and I bet you have a gardener on your gift list, so we've updated our annual Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ...
Most Popular Posts
-
The September 2026 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine is out. It is posted and archived online at: https://issuu.com/washingtonga...
-
Angel’s Trumpet ( Brugmansia ) Plant Profile Angel’s Trumpet ( Brugmansia spp . ) is a perennial plant from South America with large, tru...
-
For our September 2026 Washington Gardener Magazine Reader Contest, we are giving away a set of three grow bag pots (value $30). Thes...

No comments:
Post a Comment