Saturday, October 04, 2014
Fenton Friday: Time to Get Garlic in the Ground
This year I'm only planting one head of garlic (about 8 cloves). I've learned my lessons on bring garlic-greedy and then having a good portion of my small plot at the Fenton Community Garden be unused by anything else until garlic harvest time in early summer. The cloves I had this year after harvest are not as robust as in years past, so I bought new 'Chesnok Red' seed garlic from a local garden center. It is a hardneck variety as I like the look of it better and will get the bonus garlic scapes next spring.
Are you planting garlic in your garden? If so, what varieties?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ~ Top Gardening Gifts ~ 21+ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas
The holiday season is here and I bet you have a gardener on your gift list, so we've updated our annual Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ...
Most Popular Posts
-
The September 2026 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine is out. It is posted and archived online at: https://issuu.com/washingtonga...
-
Angel’s Trumpet ( Brugmansia ) Plant Profile Angel’s Trumpet ( Brugmansia spp . ) is a perennial plant from South America with large, tru...
-
For our September 2026 Washington Gardener Magazine Reader Contest, we are giving away a set of three grow bag pots (value $30). Thes...
No comments:
Post a Comment