Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Smell the Roses











At the end of the Brookland House & Garden Tour on Sunday, we dropped by the Franciscan Monastery for a stroll. The roses are perfection right now -- run, don't walk over there asap to catch them at their peak. The Monastery grounds are free and open to the public -- plus it is very near the Brookland metro stop on the red line. (Yes, it is all up hill to get there, but then all down hill on way back ;-) The grounds of the Monastery are open daily 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Here are a few rose pics I took there on Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. I sometimes think that roses exist just so that even I can take a good photograph. You just can't miss with a rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to see a bad picture of a rose ? LOL
    These are gorgeous ! Can't wait for mine to come into action soon.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed - roses seem to be just be ready-made photo ops. They are like spoiled little rich girls of the garden - they get upset when you DON"T stop and notice their elegant beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Franciscan Monastery for spiritual reasons but realized I have never (insert cliche) stopped to smell the Brothers' roses. I will now, thanks to you.

    Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...