Thursday, January 31, 2008

Relief is spelled O-R-C-H-I-D-S

Here is the online link to this week's The List: Top Home & Garden Events on page 21 of today's print edition in the Washington Examiner. You can find the Examiner in the many red streetboxes around town. I saved a screen capture of the listing as a JPG and posted it here -- which you can now click on to read at 100%.
Item 1 is the USBG Orchid Show opening on Saturday which I intend to get to that very afternoon as I'd like to take photos while the exhibit is fresh and new. They do switch out flagging orchids over the course of the show to keep things looking good and that makes follow-up trips just as enjoyable. What I enjoy even more is slipping into the Jungle room and take deep breaths of warm, moist air. I make no secret of hating the cold in general and this bleak time of year in DC in particular. My only proven antidote seems to be an hour or so inside a steamy plant-filled greenhouse. The Jungle at the USBG is tops of my list, but close seconds go to the Bird House at the National Zoo and the Conservatory at Brookside. Any of you have candidates for DC-area hot houses to take off the winter chill?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...