Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Everything’s Coming Up Roses

That headline was for my high school friends and anyone else who has seen the musical Gypsy more than a dozen times. Some of those songs are still emblazoned in my brain from the drama club rehearsals over 20 years ago. “You Gotta Have A Gimmick” pops into my head every once in a while, which is highly perturbing, especially lines like, “If you wanna make it, Twinkle while you shake it.” Um, I think I’ll take my marketing advice from elsewhere, thanks.

The May/June 2007 “Rose” theme issue is out and now available by mail order from us. (Details at http://www.washingtongardener.com/.) If you begin your subscription by June 15, we’ll start you off with this issue. Or you can purchase it in person at one of the many garden events we’ll be at in the next month include the Silver Spring Garden Club plant sale at Brookside Gardens in Wheaton, MD, this Saturday, May 12, and the Green Spring Gardens annual sale in Fairfax, VA, on May 19. It is also on sale at area stores including the Arbor House, Alchemy, Politics & Prose, Borders, Barnes & Noble, and B. Daltons.

Now to update our long-neglected web site pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...