Friday, September 29, 2017

Fenton Friday: Striking Gold

In our "Pepper Report" a few weeks ago (here), we reported that the 'Gold Standard' sweet pepper from Burpee had not colored up yet. Well, they have now! They are also as large and as sweet as promised. The photo above does not do it justice. A little patience was all we needed -- so it is with most gardening pursuits, lesson learned.

In the rest of the plot, all the cool-season seedlings are coming along nicely, except the Spinach, which now has proven to be a real dud seed batch. We will like replace that with the Broccoli seedlings tat I bought for show-and-tell at my Cool Season Edibles Talk I am giving tomorrow at Brookside Gardens. (BTW, still a few spots left for that, register here.)

How is your edible garden growing this week?

About Fenton Friday: 
Every Friday during the growing season, I'll be giving you an update on my community garden plot at the Fenton Street Community Garden just across the street from my house. I'm plot #16. It is a 10 ft x 20 ft space and this is our 6th year in the garden. (It opened in May 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...