Friday, October 10, 2014

Fenton Friday: Cool Enough for Kohlrabi


At my plot at the Fenton Community Garden, I lifted up my cover cloth to find a few surprises today. One, is that ONE Kohlrabi plant is shaping up nicely. The others fizzled out, but I think this one was shaded by nearby cosmos flowers so had some protection from last week's harsh sun. I also caught a spotted cucumber beetle climbing on it, I grabbed him real quick! He better not have told his friends.

Arugula aka Rocket
 Also under the cloth, my Arugula re-seeded. Hurray! Don't you just love free garden volunteers?

The radish and carrot seedlings are also popping up finally as well. I will have to thin them soon as, of course, the ones that germinate are all the ones clumped together rather than those more well-spaced out.

So, how is your edible garden growing this week?

carrot seedlings

radish seedling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...