Friday, June 29, 2012
Fenton Friday: "Git R Done" Week
- re-strung and re-set the border plots' border edge markers
- added a second layer of compost over the potatoes, which were starting to show above ground
- planted sweet potato slips
- planted small seedling cosmos
- planted nasturtium from seed
- added plant labels to anything that was missing one
- tied up the growing tomatoes and peppers
- started corn, watermelon, honeydew, pumpkin, and cantaloupe from seed
- planted okra, cucumber, and a few more tomato seedlings
I may be a bit late in the season for some of these tasks, but I figure in September I should have a real bountiful harvest!
I have also been watering thoroughly and harvesting carrots and lettuce every day for evening salads and sharing with other gardeners
Now that it is HOT again (100+ temps expected today and through the weekend), I'm so glad I got all this done earlier in the week.