Sunday, August 21, 2011

I'm BeRibboned!

Today was the Montgomery County Fair ribbon pick-up day and I was happy to find out I won in several categories this year that I entered for the first time.

For my the first-ever potatoes I'd grown, I got Third place, and am very happy with that as their was a lot of competition on display. I also won Second place in the Most Unusual Vegetable category for my Ground Cherries.

I won both First and Second place in the Marigolds -Africa (aka Aztec) category. (You are allowed to have two entries per category.)  That was book-ended by my Fourth place and an Honorable Mention for my two Coleus entries. My last two ribbons were Second place showings for the Aster and Ornamental Sunflower categories.

I have been entering for just a few years now and with the summer drought, I'm very pleased with this showing. Next year, I'm thinking about entering more edibles like okra and peppers.

1 comment:

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...