Monday, July 07, 2008

July/August 08 Issue Now Out & Mailed

The July/August 2008 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine is now out. Highlights include:
~ Landscaping with Ornamental Grasses
~ Edible Grasses to Graze Upon
~ Slug and Snail Control
~ UK Embassy’s Head Gardener Jim Adams
~ Sage Advice: Sun-Loving Salvias
~ How to Weed
~ Treats for Your Birds, Fish, & Earthworms
~ Richmond’s Treasure — Maymont’s Gardens
~ What’s the Story, Morning Glory?
~ Nat’l Capital Daylily Club
~ Local Garden Tours’ Season Wrap-up
~ Global Warming for Gardeners

I'm pleased with it overall and am quite enamored in particular of the spring garden tour wrap-up spread. I designed it to look like it came straight out of someone's scrapbook pages. And if you haven't seen a scrapbook in the past 10 years, you haven't seen a scrapbook. Here is a great site to get you inspired. In my case, the magazine spread will serve as my own scrapbook memory pages of the tours as my scrapbook cabinet of supplies and pages has remained untouched for a couple years now except for adding photo prints of the nieces to my "to be done" drawer.

Current subscribers should get their copy of the July/August 2008 issue in the mail in the next week or two. It was mailed before the holiday weekend.

If you want to start your subscription with this issue or just but this individual issue,
Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...