Friday, June 06, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME

Here is the online link to this week's The List: Top Home & Garden Events on page 26 of today's print edition in the Washington Examiner. You can find the Examiner in the many red street-boxes around town. I saved a screen capture of the listing as a JPG and posted it here -- which you can click on to read at 100%.

This week is a bonus listing of all the top events for the summer. This weekend, I'm at booth #18 at The Rockville Town Square Flower & Garden Festival on Saturday, June 7th from 11am - 5pm. The event will feature over 30 flower and garden related exhibitors, authentic Japanese garden displays, demonstrations, store specials, entertainment and more! Visit http://www.rockvilletownsquare.com/ for more information.

So I turned 40 on Wednesday. The universe acknowledged this by sending a fierce thunderstorm to Silver Spring, MD that afternoon. We lost power, cable, phone, and internet. (No, I was not deliberately ignoring you all.) I think this was my back-to-basics lesson for my journey over the hill. What did I learn? I already knew I was a TV and email addict, but I hadn't realized that having no phone service would be equally trying on the nerves. Normally I'm quite happy not to get a phone call for several hours -- blissfully so. However, picking up the receiver to just dead air is very eerie. Perhaps I've watched one too many horror flicks. I'm back on the grid now and ready to catch up on these blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...