Friday, January 04, 2008

Hidden Treasures

Here is the online link to my latest garden article for the Washington Examiner. It is on page 27 of today's print edition and addresses new habits to form and bad habits to break for the new gardening year.

All of the photos with this article were taken at the Falls Church, VA Garden Tour last April. It was so gracious of these home owners to open up their spaces to garden gawkers like me that day. Looking through my photo files from the past year I realized how many stunning images I'd gathered from private gardens like these. Makes me wonder how many garden treasures are locked up in backyards and hidden behind gates away from the public eye. Such a waste and a shame so many of them are in places that no one, but the gardener themselves and a few select guests, will ever get to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...