Friday, January 31, 2020

Meet the New Spring 2020 Interns

This spring, I have taken on two new editorial interns. If you attend any of our upcoming events, like this Saturday's Seed Exchange at Green Spring Gardens, you are bound to run into one or both of them. As a "first assignment," I asked them to write a short introduction to our readers...

Hello everyone! My name is Charlotte Dulany and I am a senior Multiplatform journalism major graduating from the University of Maryland in May. I’m a curious individual looking to meet people and hear stories, and always learn more. I enjoy solo work as well as collaborative projects, and have passions for photography, writing, in addition to producing videos and podcasts. In my free time I like to write music, be outdoors and practice yoga. I’m excited to work with Washington Gardener this spring and generate creative content for the readers!

Hi guys! My name is Emily Coakley, and I'm a senior broadcast journalism major, as well as a history minor, at the University of Maryland. I'm from Westminster, MD, love to travel (Barcelona is my favorite place I've been), and have a special interest in sports journalism, hoping to one day report in the NFL. I spend a lot of time finding interesting and relevant stories, interviewing people, shooting film, and editing footage to turn into news packages.  I also am currently working as a reporter for Capital News Service. I'm excited to be interning at  Washington Gardener magazine this semester because I know through this internship, I will learn how to become a better writer, editor, and hopefully, gardener! My interest in gardening came primarily from my great grandmother -- I remember spending many hours with her outside, helping her plant beautiful flowers in her garden. I'm looking forward to sharing my ideas on gardening with all the readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...