Friday, October 12, 2012

Fenton Friday: Melon Madness!

After waiting all summer, NOW my honeydew melon and cantaloupe become ripe. Here is my 'Hearts of Gold' cantaloupe cut open with honeydew behind it. Several more are still forming on the vines, though I doubt I'll be the frost to be able to eat those.

This one was quite tasty. My little cat, Versace, also enjoyed a few small pieces of it. You'll have to take my word on that though as every time I tried to get a good shot of him and the cantaloupe together, he would run away. He is a stinker like that.

Enjoy this weekend! What is ripening in your garden plot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...