We've shared this tip before in Washington Gardener Magazine, but I thought it was worth repeating here for any newbie gardeners:
Vinegar is a safe, cheap, and easy weed-killer. This works best on a sunny, not windy day. Spraying with vinegar (full strength from the hardware/cleaning supply stores, not the grocery store kind) with a dash of dish soap added for "clinge." Spray on in the morning and let the sun "fry" the weeds all day. Wait a few days for full die-back and then pull them. This is so helpful in border places like on a fence line and along pavement cracks where weeding tools just cannot reach to get all the roots out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ~ Top Gardening Gifts ~ 21+ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas
The holiday season is here and I bet you have a gardener on your gift list, so we've updated our annual Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ...
Most Popular Posts
-
The September 2026 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine is out. It is posted and archived online at: https://issuu.com/washingtonga...
-
For our September 2026 Washington Gardener Magazine Reader Contest, we are giving away a set of three grow bag pots (value $30). Thes...
-
Last week I was in Portland, OR, attending the GardenComm annual conference. The gardens there are enviable -- to say the least, but it i...
Great tip! I will definitely try this out.
ReplyDelete