Monday, November 14, 2011
NEW Fall 2011 Issue OUT!
Also in this issue is the Edibles column, “Growing Great Sweet Potatoes” by Cindy Brown. She shares her tips on how to grow them here and the best varieties for our area.
Our Daytrip is to the Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC. I visited there myself last year and cannot wait to get back next summer for an even longer stay.
You’ll also find in this issue:
• Best Cover Crops for Your Vegetable Garden
• Earwigs: Beneficial or Nuisance?
• An Interview with an Influential Local Community Gardener
• Meeting Up with the Potomac Chapter of the Herb Society of America
• Toadlily Plant Profile and Varieties
• Before/After of a Former Slave Cabin’s Landscape
• An Intriguing Personal Garden Story
• Coverage of several local events including our own Tomato Taste
• Answers to readers’ questions such as why are some azalea leaves losing color, what is eating the zinnia foliage, and much, much more...
To subscribe, go to www.washingtongardener.com/index_files/subscribe.htm and use our PayPal credit card link. OR, send a $20 check to Washington Gardener Magazine, 826 Philadelphia Ave. Silver Spring MD 20910.
Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...
April 2021 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine – Flowering Quince, Deer-Resistant Native Plants, Heirloom Corn Salad, and much moreThe April 2021 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine is out. Inside this issue: · Flowering Quince · What Happen...
Bleeding Hearts ( Lamprocapnos spectabilis, formerly Dicentra spectabilis ) look so enchanting in the garden with their neat rows of han...