Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Video Wednesday: Charlie Koiner the Urban Farmer



Charlie Koiner and his urban farm have gotten a lot of great press coverage lately. Mostly, they focus on his age or the urban setting, but I know what Charlie really likes to talk about: What is growing well right now in his garden. His figs, blackberries, sweet peppers, and tomatoes are all doing wonderfully -- putting my own garden plot three blocks south of his place to utter shame. One day, I'll have vegetables like Charlie's, one day...

2 comments:

  1. Tell me more about the figs, we just planted a bush/tree this year. When can I expect to get figs from it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Figs take a few years, all depends on the size/age of the tree you purchased, but in general you can expect your first few fruits after a year and then within 5-7 years you will start to have bumper crops - just like Charlie's! Though you will be fighting the birds for them.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...