Friday, January 14, 2011
MANTS Video Pt 3: Barbara Katz on Blueberries
Barbara Katz, London Landscapes LLC, shared her thoughts on blueberry shrubs that she saw at the recent MANTS 2011. I have three small blueberry plants myself and just planted them this fall. I know I'll be fighting the birds over what small amount of fruit they produce for the first few years, but I'm hoping in future years to get a decent enough yield that the birds an I can share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ~ Top Gardening Gifts ~ 21+ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas
The holiday season is here and I bet you have a gardener on your gift list, so we've updated our annual Holiday Gifts for Gardeners ...
Most Popular Posts
-
The September 2026 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine is out. It is posted and archived online at: https://issuu.com/washingtonga...
-
Angel’s Trumpet ( Brugmansia ) Plant Profile Angel’s Trumpet ( Brugmansia spp . ) is a perennial plant from South America with large, tru...
-
For our September 2026 Washington Gardener Magazine Reader Contest, we are giving away a set of three grow bag pots (value $30). Thes...
We make u-shaped hoops out of rebar and irrigation tubing, then put bird netting over the whole thing -- well-secured around the whole perimeter -- otherwise the catbirds and robins would clean out our entire blueberry crop every year. It takes more effort but it's totally worth it for the berries!
ReplyDelete