Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Meet Me in the Garden

Some of you may recall docu filmmakers coming by my place earlier this year to film me and my fivehead, which I blogged about here. Well, the results are edited and ready to debut. Here are the details:

Silver Spring Stories Festival: a Docs In Progress Community Event at Montgomery College

Docs In Progress is proud to partner with Montgomery College to present a special community event right here in Silver Spring: the Silver Spring Stories Festival.

Silver Spring is the home of Docs In Progress. It is also home to a vibrant community with many stories to tell. Many of which have been captured by Docs In Progress students. As part of our programs, Docs In Progress cultivates community partnerships which enhance the work of emerging documentary filmmakers and also connect them to the civic life of Silver Spring, Maryland where Docs In Progress is headquartered. To spotlight these partnerships, Docs In Progress invites you to join us for a one night film festival Silver Spring Stories.

Whether you are a filmmaker, a community activist, government official, local business owner, nonprofit staffer, or simply a Silver Spring resident or fan, please join us for this special free event to network with neighbors and make new friends as you watch short documentaries produced by adults and youth from Docs In Progress production classes. These productions focus on individuals and institutions from throughout Silver Spring.


WHEN?
Friday, July 23, 2010
6:30 pm Reception
7:00-8:30 pm Screening and Discussion with the Filmmakers and Subjects of the Films
WHERE?
Montgomery College Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus
The Morris & Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation Arts Center (Lecture Hall 101)
930 King Street
Silver Spring, MD 20910

WHAT'S SCREENING?

The festival will feature eight works by adult students in our Documentary Production classes and youth who participated in our 2010 Summer Documentary Filmmaking Camp. All of the short documentaries are about people and places from Silver Spring. You will also have a chance to hear from many of the filmmakers and subjects of these films.

The description of the one I'm featured in is:

Meet Me in the Garden


by Peter Johnsen, Melissa Grance and Henrik Gronhaug


Kathy Jentz, Editor and Publisher of Washington Gardener Magazine showcases how it is possible to cultivate a colorful garden in the midst of an urban suburb like Silver Spring.

I may need to hide out in the restroom while that is shown as I cannot stand watching or hearing myself, but I'm game to hang out for the reception and post-film talks to answer questions and maybe even walk folks from the college next door over to my actual live garden for an after-party of sorts. See you at the movies!

3 comments:

  1. Being a great lover of garden art, I enjoyed going through your blog. Keep on posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's really cool. I wish I could come but I have a gig Friday night. Will it be posted online eventually?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just answered my own question by clicking on the link.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...