Sunday, November 15, 2009

Unusual Colors for Garden Bloggers Bloom Day



The rains have finally stopped from that darn Nor'easter spawned by Hurrican Ida and I could get out a take some pics for today's Garden Bloggers Bloom Day. What I found was lots still in bloom including the Mutabilis (Chinese butterfly) rose, PJM rhododendrons (pictured at left), alyssum, impatiens, lantana, etc. But also lots of interesting colors in plants I don't normally think of for autumn interest, like these:








Forsythia













Crape Myrtle

















Lily of the Valley



Hydrangeas




6 comments:

  1. It still always surprises me to see rhododendrons blooming in November. Some of the PJMs here are blooming too, as well as the 'Cunningham White' in my back yard. Lovely colors in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more with your observation of unexpected fall color. The crepes in particular have caught my attention this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the foliage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those berries on the lily of the valley? I just planted some this year but have not seen it's seasonal changes yet. Pretty colors on the hydrangea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All - thanks for stopping by. The Crape Myrtles are a wonder of colors this year. Who knew a wet, cool summer would do that?

    Wendy - yes, berries/seedheads on Lily of the Valley! First time in 5 years I'd seen those and they are abundant too.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...