Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oh Yes, It's Ladies Night & the Feeling's Right

What happens when you promise local gardeners a free one-gallon Crepe Myrtle? They turn out like Japanese Beetles on a juicy rose bush. And there were no cut-sies in this long line, I can assure you. These folks were serious and with only the first 250 getting the coveted plants, several gardeners appointed themselves line police. The lady directly behind me griped about all the men in the queue ahed of her. She has a point, this was a "Ladies Night" invitation after all. Homestead Gardens of Davidsonville, MD would be fool-hardy to enforce that rule though, as I bet many of the ladies (aka target customers) do not leave their homes without hubby in tow, esp. after dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...