Friday, April 04, 2008

WHAT in a Pot?

I'm presenting an Herb Pot workshop (see announcement below). The photo here is NOT representational of what we will be creating. I took this shot at a home on the Georgetown Garden Tour in 2005. Now THAT is a herb container garden!

I'd like to see these pots go to folks who have never gardened before, have a very sunny (in other words, all day sun) spot to put a pot of herbs, can devote a minute each day to water the pot and keep it clipped, like to cook, and would actually use these herbs. I'm thinking many of our condo and apartment dwellers in downtown SS would fit that description.

Note that the herb pot project is limited to 20 attendees total and you must pre-register in person at the Whole Foods Silver Spring store. If interested, you should do so ASAP -- registration opened last Monday.

Herb Garden in a Pot
Kathy Jentz from Washington Gardener Magazine
Saturday, April 12

11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Celebrate Earth Day at Whole Foods Silver Spring by enjoying the bounty that Mother Earth provides. Herbs are cultivated for their fragrance, flavor, and healing properties. Kathy Jentz, editor of Washington Gardener Magazine, will describe the various herbs you can grow in your own home garden. Then you'll plant an herb garden in a pot to take home and put in a sunny spot so you can enjoy them all growing season long.

Even though I chose this workshop name, I now intensely dislike it. Though descriptive, it sounds way too close to a certain SNL sketch (uncensored version here). Now I get the giggles every time I sit down to compose the "herb in a pot" project handouts, signage, and press releases. Which is really professional, I know.

BTW, I have updated the Cherry Alternatives post with a new addition. That post was picked up on DCist as well a few days ago. If you know of any more great local cherry tree display, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...