Monday, January 09, 2006

Local Garden Radio Show Ends

Behnke Nurseries' Garden Gurus show on WMET1160am has ended its run. The archived shows are still available online at http://wmet1160.com/artman/publish/gardengurus.shtml. Not sure how much longer that will be though - so get on over fast if you are interested.

I was happy to be part of this show and make several guest appearances. It was not only fun, but an educational experience for me to see how radio shows are put together. I can definitely appreciate how much work it takes to get listeners and a loyal audience. With a number of other garden radio shows in our area competing at the same timing (Saturday morning), it would be hard to make a new one work without it being very different, offering some unique information, and/or having a large promotional budget.

Now I'll be researching the other local garden radio shows, so I can call in or do live interviews, to spread the word on the magazine and our related events and services.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...