Saturday, April 15, 2017

GARDEN BLOGGER'S BLOOM DAY: April without Showers?




It is Garden Blogger's Bloom Day again! On the 15th of each month, we gardeners with blogs share a few bloom photos from our gardens. Here is the Mid-Atlantic USA (USDA zone 7) on the DC-MD border, spring is here - but where are the April showers? It was a dry winter and, so far, spring is fairly dry as well. This is usually our "wet season," so I fear for our gardens if this pattern lasts much longer. 

Here is a partial list of the plants in bloom around my garden today:
- Epimediums
- Lily of the Valley
- Rhododendron
- Azaleas
- Redbud 
- Lilacs
- Ajuga
- Muscari
- Scilla
- Daffodils
- Tulips
- Veronica
- Leucojum
- Hellebores
- Camellia
- Violets
- Violas
- Pansies
- Primrose
- Carolina Jasmine

Visit my Instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/wdcgardener/ for daily shares of photos of my garden in bloom (like the one above) as well as flowers and plants I see in my daily travels.

What's blooming in your garden today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...