Here are several events Washington Gardener Magazine is involved with in September:
• Saturday, September 8, Friends of Brookside Gardens Plant Sale, 10:00am-3:00pm, Wheaton, MD Sponsored by Friends of Brookside Gardens
Outside the Visitors Center, Brookside Gardens, 1800 Glenallan Ave., Wheaton, MD 20902. Details: www.montgomeryparks.org/brookside.
• Saturday, September 15, The Heritage Harvest Festival, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m, Charlottesville, VA -- The premiere home arts festival on Monticello’s West Lawn.
On Friday, 9/14, 3:15 p.m.–4:15 p.m. sign up for “Best Fruit Tree Varieties for the Mid-Atlantic” with Kathy Jentz . From paw paws to peaches, discover the fruit trees that grow best in our region. This talk is especially suited to those gardeners lacking growing space or live in urban areas. $10
On Saturday, Saturday, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. sign up for “Small Space Gardening” with Kathy Jentz
Learn tips and tricks for getting the most out of your space and thinking outside the box for creative solutions to common landscape challenges. $15
Washington Gardener Magazine will have a table in the Tasing Tent all day on Saturday – stop by to subscribe, renew, or buy single issues.
• Thursday, September 20, Gardening 101-Session 1: Local Resources, 2-3pm, Wheaton, MD New Lecture Series: Gardening 101- Local Edition Whether you are new to the area, new to gardening or just looking to increase your local gardening knowledge, this lecture series is for you. Kathy Jentz, Editor/Publisher, Washington Gardener Magazine, will lead you through the basics and share the success secrets of veteran local gardeners. You’ll learn from the experiences of others what to do and not to do to avoid costly mistakes in your own garden. Session 1: Local Resources Course number 213114 Thursday, September 20, 2:00-3:00pm Fee: $18, FOBG: $15; registration required Visitors Center Adult Classroom, Brookside Gardens, 1800 Glenallan Ave., Wheaton, MD 20902. Visit www.BrooksideLearning.org
• Fall Garden Day, September 22, 9am-3pm at Green Spring Gardens, 4603 Green Spring Road – Alexandria, Virginia 22312, PHONE: (703) 642-5173 – www.greenspring.org or www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/greenspring
• Tuesday, September 25, Gardener Book Club, 6:00-7:30 PM, Washington, DC at the MLK Library (near Metro Center and Gallery Place). Our first book will be: Founding Gardeners: The Revolutionary Generation, Nature, and the Shaping of the American Nation by Andrea Wulf. So mark your calendars, grab a copy of the book, start reading, and RSVP today to “WG Book Club” at WashingtonGardener@rcn.com.
• 8th DC Green Festival will take place September 29-30, 2012
Washington Gardener Magazine will have a booth – stop by to subscribe, renew, or buy single issies then at 3pm on Sunday – stop by the DIY stage to hear my talk on “The Bounty of the Fall & Winter Garden in the Mid- Atlantic.”