Monday, November 14, 2011
NEW Fall 2011 Issue OUT!
Also in this issue is the Edibles column, “Growing Great Sweet Potatoes” by Cindy Brown. She shares her tips on how to grow them here and the best varieties for our area.
Our Daytrip is to the Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC. I visited there myself last year and cannot wait to get back next summer for an even longer stay.
You’ll also find in this issue:
• Best Cover Crops for Your Vegetable Garden
• Earwigs: Beneficial or Nuisance?
• An Interview with an Influential Local Community Gardener
• Meeting Up with the Potomac Chapter of the Herb Society of America
• Toadlily Plant Profile and Varieties
• Before/After of a Former Slave Cabin’s Landscape
• An Intriguing Personal Garden Story
• Coverage of several local events including our own Tomato Taste
• Answers to readers’ questions such as why are some azalea leaves losing color, what is eating the zinnia foliage, and much, much more...
To subscribe, go to www.washingtongardener.com/index_files/subscribe.htm and use our PayPal credit card link. OR, send a $20 check to Washington Gardener Magazine, 826 Philadelphia Ave. Silver Spring MD 20910.