Friday, May 07, 2010

National Public Gardens Day is May 7

In Washington Gardener Magazine, we have done DayTrip columns to over 25 public gardens in the greater Washington, DC region. You'd think we'd start to exhaust our local supply, but you'd be wrong. Cheval Force Opp of Garden Tours has written many of them for the magazine and she keeps a list of potential gardens and we add to it all the time. Just this past weekend at the Southern Garden History Society meeting held this year in Alexandria, VA, we came across at least three more we needed to add to our public garden visit list. So many more to go and many "big" ones that I've had Cheval hold off on so we can wait for a an upcoming anniversary event or new building/exhibit opening that we know is in the works. I'll let you in on a little secret, we are working on an Ebook of those collected DayTrip columns and some bonus material as well. Stay tuned for that. Meanwhile, get out to one of your local public gardens today and enjoy!

Pictured here: Relaxing in a public garden on the DE/PA border, I'm at left, Cheval is at right.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    Thanks for stopping by on the peony post. I'm going to write a piece about one of our public gardens today for the other blog I do. It won't be up until next Monday so I'm afraid I missed National Park Day. Still, I'll be celebrating in spirit with all who love our parks.~~Dee

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...