http://www.greenishthumb.net/ blog fame selected me for the "Honest Scrap Award." I did a Google search on it and I'm not sure where it started, but the idea is that you share honest bits of information about yourself.
The award has two components. You have to first list 10 honest things about yourself (and make them interesting), and second present the award to seven other bloggers.
Here are 10 honest things about me:
- I have been watching All My Children since 1978. Yes, I was 10 years old when I got hooked on the Nina and Cliff love story. I think Erika was on only her 3rd husband at that time.
- I creeps me out when I go to someone's home and they have no pets, plants, or books. It feels like a hotel or furniture showroom -- empty and cold.
- I wish I was born either 20 years earlier or later, my generation (Gen X) really got the shaft.
- I'm an eco-green nut, but my greatest luxury is long, hot showers.
- I sincerely believe that the Beatles, U2, and Michael Jackson are seriously over-rated.
- I won't sleep in any hotel room above the 12th floor.
- I'm a proud and unrepentant re-gifter.
- I don't judge people on their cars, clothing, neighborhood, etc. but I sure will judge them and quite harshly on their taste in comedians and movies.
- I think my cat is cuter than your baby.
- I don't mind at all (and sometimes prefer) going to the movies myself, but I dread going to sit-down restaurants alone.
Here are the 7 other bloggers I've dubbed Honest Scrap Awardees. (I hope none were previously awarded!)
- Julie at http://firephrase.blogspot.com/
- Lydia at http://snoburbia.typepad.com/
- Dan at http://www.justupthepike.com/
- Jessica at http://www.aparentinsilverspring.com/
- Helen at http://gardensgardens.wordpress.com/
- Gila at http://myshrapnel.blogspot.com/
- Christa at http://www.cc-calendula.blogspot.com/
SOME of these folks I've nominated 'cause the need to get a more recent blog post up hint, hint. :-)