Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Gift Basket of Goodness

We are donating a subscription and gift basket full of gardening goodies again to the 2008 HOLY CROSS HOSPITAL GALA on Saturday, October 18, 2008 at 6 p.m. Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center. The event is Benefiting Holy Cross Hospital
Women and Infants’ Services and our basket will be part of the Silent Auction. There is also a
Live Auction and Car Raffle. Make your plans now to attend and bid.

We do about 10 of these gift basket donations a year and I try to focus them on local charities, green groups, and woman-related causes.
It crossed my mind at one point to start selling the gift baskets with subscription included as an "upgrade" to regular gift subs. I changed my mind though when I realized how labor-intensive it already is for us to process gift subscriptions and the custom cards we do already. Adding the basket-business layer would be yet another big time burden, not to mention would need to address the delivery options for them. I have yet to apply for our own UPS or FedEx account and frankly, don't want to have to do so at this point.

2 comments:

  1. Back when I had a FedEx account, I got a small discount for shipping. And I wasn't shipping worlds of stuff. If you use FedEx consistently, it might be worth it to get the account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I'll check that out and compare pricing - right now I just go to Kinkos or Office Depot and use their shipping desks for the once-in-a-blue-moon things I have to send.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...