Sunday, September 09, 2007

Staff Photog Puts on a Show

Our magazine's staff photographer strikes out on her own for her first solo photography showing:
Life’s Little Adventures
Photographs by Drena J. Galarza
An exhibit celebrating the beauty of our everyday lives.
Please join us for the opening reception on
Friday, September 21, 2007
5:00 - 7:00 pm
The Adams National Bank
8121 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910
(bottom of the World Building)
More details about the artist at
Drena is pictured here in the hollow log of the Brookside's children's garden. (See both of us at Brookside on 9/15 for Children's Day.) She took photos of me in this same log that I used for my editor's column picture in the current Washington Gardener issue. I'm getting a lot of comments and compliments on it. Apparently, I'm "cute as a button." Hmph, so much for my glamorous, avant-garde aspirations. I suppose I've been called worse things than "cute" ;-).
If you've also posed in this log yourself, please send a low-res file of the photo and I'll post it here. Be fun to see the variety of local log-lurkers we have out there. When we took the shots there I told Drena that everyone poses at this same spot and that we should start a collection of portraits there of various movers-and-shakers in the local hort world posed in the log. Maybe that can be her next photo show?

No comments: