Thursday, August 16, 2007

Ah, Crapes!

The August 15, 2007 issue of the Washington Gardener Enews is now out and archived at http://archives.zinester.com/85920. The images seems to be linking to the wrong stories, while I've double-checked the coding and all is correct. I'm asking the web host now to take a look at the problem. I may pull it and repost it today.

The feature article is on Crape Myrtles. The spelling of which drives me crazy. I want to always spell it Crepe Myrtle, as in crepe paper. To further complicate things the USNA now officially has it as one word "crapemyrtles," though most all other references go with the "a" spelling, but leave it still as two words.

It is Thursday, so here is an online link to this week's The List: Top 5 Home & Garden Events on page 26 of today's print edition in the Washington Examiner.

My appearance on Channel 4 at 4:00pm today has been postponed due to the storms moving through. Looks likely to be rescheduled for next Tuesday, 8/21. I'll keep you updated with any new details. I'm not too upset as I could really use the time to finish the layout on the Sept/Oct 07 issue I've been working on furiously all week and our gardens can certainly use this much needed rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...