Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Plant Picks

Our latest Washington Examiner article is now out. It is Plant Picks for 2007 -- this is a different list than the one in the Jan/Feb 2007 issue of Washington Gardener Magazine. I have enough picks to make a Top 50! This second "Top 10" is shown in its entirety in the Baltimore version, but is trimmed to a "Top 8" in the DC one. Read the DC edition online (Feb 23 edition - page 63), if you managed to grab the print version at the red street boxes around town last Friday or have it delivered to you - the article is on R6 (Real Estate section - page 6). It is also in the Baltimore Examiner edition online (Feb 23 edition - page 66) or print version on R10 (Real Estate page 10).

Pictured here is a tiny orchid that has just come into bloom. The flower is a mere one-inch in size. I adore it! I got it at the Takoma Hort Club indoor plant exchange in January from Anne H. It is a "Phal. equestris 'Hana Nguyen.' She promises it reblooms and makes babies like crazy, so maybe I'll be able to share it as well at next year's exchange.

My schedule for the past week was full of all-day events and the upcoming week or so will be incredibly hectic with the Philadelphia Flower Show trip (still room - sign up now!) and the Washington Home & Garden Show. I may not be posting much, but will do what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gifts for Gardeners ~ Gardening Gifts ~ Cool Gardening Gift Ideas

Today is Amazon Prime Day, so I thought I'd again share the garden products I use almost every day. These are the tried-and-true w...